SCHOOL FACILITIES USE POLICY
Where the main purpose is to benefit the students of AISB, permission can be given to individuals or organizations to use of school buildings and athletic fields. The complete control of school buildings and equipment is, by law, vested in the Board of Directors, and the administration of the rules and regulations governing the buildings is delegated to the Director of the School.
This policy covers all functions/events which are held in the AISB after 4:00p.m., Monday through Friday, and anytime on Saturdays and Sundays.
The school’s facilities are available for student, staff, and community use. Student curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular activities always have priority.
Conditions of Use
- A completed facilities request must be submitted to the Director’s Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org; the application will to be discussed at the weekly Facilities meeting – at least one week prior to the event.
- There are certain restrictions upon the use of school property and the building. The user is solely responsible for the fulfillment of the regulations of the following:
- Local Safety
- Local Fire Laws
- Local Police Laws
- There is to be no smoking in the buildings or on the grounds of the AISB in accordance with the AISB No Smoking Policy.
- The applicant must be present throughout the time the facilities are being used. The applicant is responsible for the decorum of the group, including spectators.
- When minors are using a facility, they are required to have adult supervision on a 1 to 15 ratio basis.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on any school premises unless approved by the Director
- Food and/or beverages are only permitted in cafeterias/all-purpose rooms. Eating or drinking in auditoriums, classrooms or gymnasiums is not permitted.
- Any damages sustained to the facility and/or equipment during its use will be considered the responsibility of the using organization. The using organization will be billed for any repairs needed to restore the facility and/or equipment to its original state.
- No electrical apparatus shall be connected to any system unless it has been approved by the facilities manager or the auditorium manager (as appropriate).
- In all cases where gymnasiums are used for athletic purposes, participants are required to wear athletic shoes.
- The main school cafeteria kitchen is available only when proper lunchroom employees are employed (at an additional expense) to supervise and protect the interests of the AISB except for functions sponsored by and directly benefiting the AISB. Applicants must contact the Food Services Director to arrange for the specifics and receive an estimate of the costs.
- Entrance to the property shall be permitted ONLY via the main (front) doors of the school in use. All doors to the facility shall remain LOCKED at all times, except that custodial personnel shall unlock main entry doors for entrance by authorized groups as scheduled (fifteen minutes before and after scheduled start). Corridors/facility shall be unlocked as necessary to accommodate groups while in the building.
- Access to facility will be available only as indicated on the approved application form.
- Equipment of the building user, such as scenery and furniture, may not be moved into or out of the building during school hours.
- The building user must satisfy the office of the Director of Facilities that the person designated by the building user to operate the lighting, curtains, drops, scenery, etc. is qualified to do so. In the absence of such a person, a custodian shall be engaged to operate the stage.
- It is the policy of the AISB not to loan school materials and equipment to individuals or groups.
- All fire lanes shall be accessible at all school buildings. This will be enforced by the AISB Security Department and violators are subject to being ticketed or towed.
- There shall be no parking or driving on any school property in conjunction with any function except as specified by the guards or police officer on duty and approved by AISB.
- All non-school or town governmental related activities MUST be completed, and the premises vacated by 10:00 p.m.
- All decorations, furniture, trash and other materials used shall be removed immediately by the user after the completion of the function. All decorations MUST be fire resistant. Changing equipment, electrical adjustments, driving nails or hanging decorations shall be done only with the consent of the Director of Facilities. At no time shall objects be attached to stage curtains.
- AISB will not be responsible for any material left behind.
- Cleaning costs will be charged to the user.
- Housekeepers, maintenance staff and/or security guards on duty shall be responsible for the supervision of the building and equipment, safety precautions in the building, cleaning of the building after its use, and for any services required by the user in accordance with the use of the facilities approved.
- On days when school has been canceled because of emergency conditions, the school buildings may not be available. However, all scheduled use will automatically be canceled unless the users contact the school being used to confirm the availability of the school.
- Utility costs which are required beyond the usual day may be charged.
- All questions concerning building use and particulars should be directed to the Director.