Scholarship Announcement Jan 2021
The American International School of Bucharest is proud to announce the kick-off of this year’s scholarship competition with its annual Open-House Online Event, which will be taking place on Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 18:30. Due to COVID-19-related restrictions and precautionary measures, this event will be held online, in a webinar format.
A maximum of 3 places are available for students entering Grade 9 in the 2021-22 academic year who are academically and financially eligible. The scholarship covers the cost of tuition for all four years of high school, and many other expenses that students might need for the successful completion of their Secondary education.
Students who wish to pursue a scholarship opportunity will need to sit for the following exams:
- Saturday, March 13, 2021 at 08:00 – First Exam – English, Math and Non-verbal
- Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 08:00 – Second Exam – English, Math (Students will need to provide academic files at this point)
Exam results and student files will be reviewed by all members of the scholarship committee.
Interviews with finalists will be conducted on Saturday, May 15th 2021, with a final decision announced on Thursday, May 20th, 2021.
View the recording of the Open House held on February 18 here:
If you would like to register for the exam on March 13, email Catalina Gardescu at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the scholarship process, please contact Ms. Catalina Gardescu (Manager of Admissions & External Relations): email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
The objective of the AISB Scholarship Program is to provide qualified students of any nationality who are unable to afford to attend AISB due to financial limitations, full access to a challenging International education.
Availability of Scholarships
AISB offers scholarships to students entering the 9th grade. Recipients of AISB scholarships are students who have proven financial need, strong academic ability, involvement in community activities and who display ethical behavior. Since the program’s inception in 1999, we have been able to provide scholarships for 38 students.
All scholarship students are expected to participate in the International Baccalaureate Program which culminates with the internationally recognized IB Diploma upon successful completion of the degree program in the 12th grade. The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program is a rigorous, pre-university course of study that meets the needs of highly motivated secondary school students and incorporates the best educational practices from around the world. The guidelines followed by the scholarship committee in awarding scholarships to AISB are as follows:
A. AISB At-Large Scholarships
- Scholarships are awarded to students based on financial need, their demonstrated academic abilities and on their community involvement and ethical behavior.
- Scholarships are awarded only upon full disclosure of all family resources as requested by the Scholarship Committee. Such information remains confidential.
- Financial need is evaluated annually using a uniform methodology and awards are adjusted if necessary. Scholarship recipients must complete a short financial application each year in order to renew their scholarship standing.
- Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis without regard to sex, race, sexual orientation, religion or national or ethnic origin.
- The school will continue to fund a student in grade 8/9 through graduation provided he or she continues to perform at an acceptable social and academic level (6 average or above in all subjects) unless she/he no longer demonstrates need.
- The school expects exemplary behavior and performance from its scholarship students as it does all its students.
- Scholarships are reserved for students entering grade 8 or 9 with strong English skills as indicated by grades and writing samples.
- The maximum number of scholarships available is determined by the Director in consultation with the Scholarship Committee.
- Only students who are not currently enrolled in AISB, or who have not previously been enrolled in AISB, are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
Administration of Scholarships
The Scholarship Committee at AISB is comprised of the Director, member(s) of the Faculty, the Middle and High School Principals, the Manager of Admissions & External Relations, the Deputy Manager of Admissions, and the High School Guidance/College Counselors.
Please contact Catalina Gardescu, Manager of Admissions & External Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions.
Catalina Gardescu, Manager of Admissions and External Relations and Co-Chair of the Scholarship Committee