Vision & Mission
Philosophy and Objectives
We offer students the best of the American and International educational traditions, as well as the benefits of access to the rich culture and heritage of Romania. A rigorous curriculum, based on the International Baccalaureate Primary Years, Middle Years, and Diploma Programs, prepares students for success in universities worldwide.
The school provides a safe learning environment that enables critical thinking and risk taking, engendering a love of learning. An emphasis upon inquiry, teamwork, mutual respect, and collaboration is balanced by sensitivity to the needs of individuals and to their varying learning styles.
AISB promotes a healthy and well-balanced perspective on life in its mix of curricular and co-curricular activities, with programs that reach beyond the classroom into the community. We are committed to preparing students for a life of responsible world citizenship who are able to meet the challenges of an increasingly complex twenty first century.
Curriculum and Programs
- Provide students with a sequential, diversified and dynamic program of study.
- Create communities of reflective, independent learners, to enhance deep understanding within disciplines.
- Engage in exemplary educational practices supported by research, professional reflection, and dialogue.
- Foster significant student/teacher relationships.
- Appreciate and celebrate diversity.
- Develop a social climate promoting international understanding and community service.
- Prepare our students to be knowledgeable about the environment and to be responsive to environmental concerns
- Encourage collaboration between parents and the school so that parents are actively involved in the education of their children.
- Foster a sense of community among all of the constituents of the school based on cooperation, mutual respect, and open and effective communication.
Vision & Mission
Curriculum based on the prestigious International Baccalaureate Primary Years, Middle Years, and Diploma Programs
Safe learning environment enables critical thinking and risk taking
Programs reach beyond the classroom into the community
We offer the best of American and International educational traditions, together with access to the rich local culture
Students are prepared for a life of responsible world citizenship
Objectives focus on Curriculum & Programs, Citizenship, and School Community