AISB is governed by its Board of Trustees, composed of current and former parents and currently lead by Chairperson Jane K. Thompson. The Board of Trustees oversees the school’s strategic plan, budget & funding decisions, policy regulation, and Director support.
The Director represents AISB while handling the school’s development, projects, and day-to-day matters. As the key decision-maker, the Director reports to the Board of Trustees regularly.
The school operates through a number of main offices and supporting teams:
- The Director’s Office looks after large matters and appointments with the Director.
- The Admissions and External Relations Office takes care of student enrollment and internal and external communications.
- The Human Resources Office handles student registry and faculty and staff matters.
- The Business Office takes care of finances, purchasing, and budgets.
- The Facilities Office looks after the Security and Maintenance teams at the school who ensure safety and security on campus at all times, and the cleanliness, upkeep, and running of the school, respectively.
- The Cafeteria is an external entity that receives support from the school for its daily functioning.
The school caters for students from EC2 to Grade 12 and is divided into three sections:
- The Early Childhood Center – is an ongoing construction project that will open in 2017 to AISB’s youngest learners, aged between 2 and 6 years old. Currently the EC includes students from EC2 to Kindergarten. The EC is looked after by Principal Rosella Diliberto and her team and follows the Primary Years Program of the International Baccalaureate.
- The Primary School includes children between Grades 1 to 5 who all learn following the Primary Years Program. Lead by Principal Elyane Ruel, the Primary School team prepares children to be global thinkers as they develop towards the Middle Years Program.
- The Secondary School is managed by two Principals, Mrs. Alba Carollo in the Middle School and Mr. Jon Cain in the High School. Students in Grades 6-10 follow the Middle Years Program while those in Grades 11 and 12 take the Diploma Program in preparation for University.
Please review the next sections for more information on the school’s Offices, Administration, Faculty, and Staff.