Philosophy and Objectives
We offer students the best of the American and International educational traditions, as well as the benefits of access to the rich culture and heritage of Romania. A rigorous curriculum, based on the International Baccalaureate Primary Years, Middle Years, and Diploma Programs, prepares students for success in universities worldwide.
The school provides a safe learning environment that enables critical thinking and risk taking, engendering a love of learning. An emphasis upon inquiry, teamwork, mutual respect, and collaboration is balanced by sensitivity to the needs of individuals and to their varying learning styles.
AISB promotes a healthy and well-balanced perspective on life in its mix of curricular and co-curricular activities, with programs that reach beyond the classroom into the community. We are committed to preparing students for a life of responsible world citizenship who are able to meet the challenges of an increasingly complex twenty first century.
Curriculum and Programs
- Provide students with a sequential, diversified and dynamic program of study.
- Create communities of reflective, independent learners, to enhance deep understanding within disciplines.
- Engage in exemplary educational practices supported by research, professional reflection, and dialogue.
- Foster significant student/teacher relationships.
- Appreciate and celebrate diversity.
- Develop a social climate promoting international understanding and community service.
- Prepare our students to be knowledgeable about the environment and to be responsive to environmental concerns
- Encourage collaboration between parents and the school so that parents are actively involved in the education of their children.
- Foster a sense of community among all of the constituents of the school based on cooperation, mutual respect, and open and effective communication.