What is Service Learning? Service is contributing or helping others for the benefit and common good of all and Learning means understanding of a subject or skill through study, instruction, or experience. By putting these two together, we get Service Learning: a method of teaching and learning whereby the concepts of service and learning combine to create service learning.
- raise student awareness about community needs
- engage students as responsible positive social change agents
- enrich student learning and experiences by supporting AISB’s mission to engage, prepare and inspire students to be responsible global citizens
The Service Learning process at AISB includes:
- Investigation – identifying a genuine need in the community
- Preparing and Planning – learning about the need
- Action – acting by doing something about the need
- Reflection – reflecting on the action – How did I do? What went well? What would I change?
Vision & Mission
Curriculum based on the prestigious International Baccalaureate Primary Years, Middle Years, and Diploma Programs
Safe learning environment enables critical thinking and risk taking
Programs reach beyond the classroom into the community
We offer the best of American and International educational traditions, together with access to the rich local culture
Students are prepared for a life of responsible world citizenship
Objectives focus on Curriculum & Programs, Citizenship, and School Community